I’m a teacher in my day-job, and just like the students, we teachers get pretty darn excited about summer break. Here are a few of the reasons I’m excited about the upcoming break.
1) BROADWAY – Okay, I am always excited about Broadway, no matter what. I’ve seen a lot of good Broadway this year, but summer gives me the opportunity to see even MORE Broadway. Some of the things I am looking forward to getting down there to see? Anastasia and Okieriete Onaodowan in Great Comet.
2) Traveling – I’m a history nerd, and my history nerd best friend and I have decided that we are going to explore as many historic sites in the northeast as we possibly can. For example, I really need to get to Boston for the Freedom Trail and JFK Library.
3) The BEST reading weather – I live by a really gorgeous lake, and I have to say, I am excited to get to sit outside on my deck, get a tan, gaze out over the lake, and read. Can you imagine a better life?
4) Fourth of July – One of my two favorite holidays. Oddly enough, I hate fireworks, but I love just hanging out with people I love, having a margarita, and relaxing in the sun.
5) My birthday – Yes, this is me being completely selfish.
6) Time – I’ve got a busy summer ahead, but it is still going to give me days to sit and relax. And write! I’ve been looking forward to those days for months.
What are you looking forward to about summer?